Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Social Media Break

Facebook. I hate to admit my addiction to the site. I have absentmindedly wasted many hours staring at my phone screen keeping up with posts of all those in my close and outer circles. It can be a wonderful tool to stay in touch and even to network with other pagans far and near.

However, with a small one to care for, this form of social media has become an issue. My son, now 6 months, has learned that his mother enjoys staring at her device and that it therefore interests him. One of my parenting goals is to avoid the technology dependence that is becoming more and more of a problem in society. I want my boy to play outside and know the joy of fishing in the backyard creek.

This is something I must show by example. So for now, Facebook has been deleted from my devices. Then each day, I must learn to go back to the times before smart phoned and apps...I must be more present and enjoy activities that don't involve technology. This is my best life change yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment