Sunday, January 1, 2012

Neighborhood Walks

Since Chi's disappearance, I've been taking more time out of my day to walk around the neighborhood. At first, these walks were in hopes of finding Chi so to take her back home, since I was unsure of her ability to adapt so quickly to living outdoors in her natural environment. Now it is mostly for myself to get outside and exercise more. After my last two surgeries, I've been a bit more withdrawn from nature and the outdoors. It wasn't on purpose. It was just my way of avoiding any extra pain from walking outside on uneven ground. However, due to searching for Chi, I have learned that I am able to walk a little better and without as much pain than I had realized.

I've now decided to make it my New Year's resolution to walk more outside. This way I can get some exercise as well as take Chi some food to leave out by her tree for my own peace of mind. It seems that even her leaving has brought me lessons that without her, I may never have learned. Its funny how life plays things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment