Monday, January 23, 2012

Jack Frost On Vacation

I am starting to wonder if Jack Frost went on vacation this year. Our Winter in East Texas hasn't been much of a Winter. It had become chilly for several days in December, but now flowers are in bloom all over the land and the local trees have started putting out their buds. It seems Spring is about six weeks early this year. It makes me raise and eyebrow in confusion. Nothing like this happens without a strange result down the road, which is what worries me.

At least there is positive side effect to this weather. Last week, I began starting seeds indoors for my vegetable garden and my father's. They sprouted just yesterday. Due to the lovely weather outside, they are safely able to spend the peak hours of the days outdoors to soak in some natural light. I can not wait until Spring has fully arrived and a trip to the local plant nursery is necessary. I look forward to it every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment