Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Winter with a Squirrel

It seems that the Goddess had a very unique plan for me this Winter. A month ago, I came across a little squirrel. It laid on the ground motionless huddled next to a piece of fire wood. She was so young that her eyes had not opened yet. Jason and I took her home with us since we had also found a sibling already dead.

We named her Chi, which is Japanese for energy. The name suits her well as squirrels are an active creature. She has come to believe I am her mother and finds it amusing to climb up and down me as I do my cross stitching. Chi also fancies the Yule tree in our living room, but that comes as no surprise.

So aside from getting ready for the Yule Sabbat, I have been learning first hand about my little animal totem and enjoying her company. I do believe though that she enjoys the hand picked acorns over my company at times. At least this year's Yule Sabbat is bound to be filled with laughter and entertainment on a level I have yet to have seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment