Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Healing Sun


The sun has amazing healing benefits. My great grandmother used to tell my mom and me this. I figured it out for myself years ago when I had come down with a cold that I couldn't shake. I crawled out side and just laid in the warmth of the sun. My mother insisted I must have been very ill to have gone into the sun light like I had. I wasn't known for sunbathing. After that day, I have continued to use the sun's healing abilities.

Today was one of those days. I have not been getting out of my home as much as a should, so upon attending a holiday party I caught a cold. I have always had a weak immune system. So while I was visiting my mother today, I sat outside on the back steps to soak up some healing rays. The warmth hit me and instantly I felt a little better. My mother then insisted that I go onto the swinging bench and lay down for a bit to get all the vitamin D I could. I did. 

Before long I was in dreamland and Jason came outside to join me on the swing. He rubbed my back and told me to just rest until I felt better. I napped for about half an hour like that. It was the best nap I have had in a long while. It was a very peaceful and joyful moment even though it was all due to me catching a simple cold. Goes to show how many moments that are worth remembering come at unexpected times.

No comments:

Post a Comment