Friday, December 30, 2011

The Sun is Shining

The sun is shining outside and today I was well enough to enjoy it. I went out into town with my Mother and niece for the later half of the morning. I really enjoy their company on days like today. It is a beautiful day and although it is Winter the weather is nice outside. Truly a benefit of living in the Eastern parts of Texas. The weather doesn't get too chilly until about January.

Jason and I also aided our upstairs neighbor in treating a wound on her feline friend. Her vet instructed her on wound cleaning, but kitties can be rebellious when dealing with these types of issues. I did Reiki on the feline while they did the cleaning and wrapping of the infected location. Chelsea was very surprised at how calm the cat remained during the ordeal. Reiki really seems to have this affect on injured and sick animals. I believe they sense the energies and realize that those around them are only there to help when it is used along with medical treatment.

After the kitty was taken care of, I then tended to my potted plant garden. My catmint and peppermint, which I purchased at the fall plant sale, are thriving. I had to relocate them into bigger pots. I did this for the sage I have growing as well. The sage was planted from seeds back in the Spring. I'm very pleased with how well it has grown and my ability to keep it healthy. This has been the first year I have truly tried to grow herbs. Next Spring I hope to start up more from seed. Makes it where I can hardly wait the coming of Spring and all the new possibilities it will bring for my gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment